Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Peek-A-Boo~Tuesday Display Chain

Each Tuesday, Misi of Gable House Musings, chooses a theme and invites bloggers to play along with her 'Tuesday Display Chain' by featuring items from their collections. This week Robyn of PrimLish chose a theme in keeping with the Halloween Spirit. The theme this week is Peek-A-Boo.


Primitive lovers everywhere understand the need to hide away all those pesky modern conveniences that take away from the rustic ambiance of our homes. I admit, when we lived in the farmhouse, I camouflaged everything from the toaster to the cat inside of crocks and under wooden crates. These days my small appliances are tucked away in the "appliance shed" built specifically for that purpose. Now I'm more about finding attractive storage and hiding clutter.


The buttery measures 8' x 13.5' and basically covers the entire back wall of our kitchen. It provides great storage and also creates a fun space to display a multitude of goodies. On one side, decor items that are currently out of rotation are stored in the lower cabinet behind the curtain...and on the other; I keep lights and props for taking photos.


And in the middle section...


We keep the dog food out of sight, but still easily accessible. You can't fool Murray.


And speaking of Prim Dog Murray...


He hides his toys in an old firkin.


And situated conveniently next to the front door...


This little five drawer cabinet houses dog leashes, harnesses etc. (Sensing a trend yet?)


Paper clutter is one of my pet peeves. I detest "piles". Mr. Kattywhompus solved my problem with this Craiglist purchase last year at Mother's Day. My "vintage" Habersham Plantation secretary has drawers and cubbies aplenty. Now ya see it...


Now ya don't.


In the living room I hide books, magazines and rug hooking supplies in the dry sink next to the sofa.


Things I use are close at hand, but no piles!


 The little drawer is perfect for stowing hand sewing supplies.


This boxy stagecoach trunk is the perfect place to store my bulky rug hooking frame, along with bags of cut wool "worms".


Trust me...it's in there-under the linen background.


And last, but not least...nope, not a breadbox.


I no longer have to search for light bulbs, specialty nails or fasteners. I keep them at my fingertips...ready to hang a picture or change a bulb.



I hope you've enjoyed today's Display Chain. Hop on over to Robyn's blog  to see the other fabulous contributors! 
Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. That big cupboard/pantry is just wonderful.Our dog leashes and such and dog food are in 12 gallon crocks in the kitchen.Great ideas.Stop by and visit if you get a chance.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a gorgeous buttery!! I love how Murray hides his toys in a firkin! Perfect!
    I love the secretary desk, I need me one of those for all my papers!! I detest papers laying around! Thanks so much for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda,
    What pretty Peek a boos!
    The Buttery is yes, like Robyn said Gorgeous!
    I love the hideaways for the pup!
    The bread box, great idea to store the light bulbs & nails( we always need them close!)
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what am awesome Buttery! I love how you have it displayed too. Murray is quite the prim dog...very smart and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Your buttery is a amazing! Prim Perfect!!! WOW! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your awesome hiding places, but the buttery has to be my favorite. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever when it comes to concealing all those modern conveniences. I love all of your storage solutions, and what beautiful pieces you have to stash things in! I especially loved the buttery. It really has some amazing storage capacity and you've really used it to full effect! Thanks so much for sharing these ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda,

    Great blog post. I love the buttery and all your little peek-a-boos.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...I needed a big laugh...this is just a wonderful happy post; How I wish I had known of Prim so long ago...but, visiting yours and other primy sites who share their homes in pics is almost as good,

    ~Gail who wonders "how" I am not on your followers list any longer...not to worry, I am going to right it now and Follow again:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. RHONDA

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT BUTTERY! YOU HAVE SOME WONDERFUL HIDING PLACES!! LUCKY DOGGY!!!

    SORRY TO COMMENT SO LATE(BEEN STAYING WITH GRAM WHO HAD A BOUT WITH CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE) SHE IS OKAY NOW TIL THE NEXT HAPPENING. I ONLY GOT TO POST MINE AND DIDN'T GET TO CHECK EVERYONE ELSES.

    HUGS TO YOU GIRLIE!
    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you organize everything so beautifully! Of course you know that Murray has my heart! Have a happy week. I'll be back. xo xo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your house, all your hide-the-clutter ideas and wanted to say thank you for signing on as a follower or my blog today! Please come back and visit again! I'm adding you to my list of favorites because I have very eclectic taste and prims fit in there with me too!
    Love the name of your blog!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful everything looks...and functional! I have to be able to use every inch of space! Love your blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your hiding places!! your buttery is awesome!

    ReplyDelete