Saturday, April 30, 2011

~Tokens of Love~

 I ask you, is there anything more romantic than a man bearing vegetables from his own garden?
~A gift from Mr. Kattywhompus~

I think I'll cook something delicious to reward him for his efforts. This recipe from his great Aunt is on the dinner menu tonight.

Aunt Bob's Asparagus Casserole

3 cups fresh asparagus, chopped and steamed (water too)
OR
(2, 10 oz. cans of canned asparagus, with water)
1 cup cubed cheese
1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup roast red pepper
1 tsp salt (I use 1/2 tsp.)
1/4 cup melted butter

Set butter aside. Gently toss remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Place mixture in a 9"X 9" baking dish and drizzle butter over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

Aunt Bob is the wife of Uncle Louie, of  Uncle Louie's Apple Cake fame.

Until next time...
Rhonda

12 comments:

  1. hi, Rhonda~ Wonderful gifts from Hubby's garden~ extra touch the daffodil:nice!
    Set a place for me~ I'll be over to have some yummy casserole!
    Enjoy your evening,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The asparagus looks yummy. Love a man bearing gifts!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. Can't wait to have some fresh vegetables this summer. Enjoy your dinner and evening.
    Blessings,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The casserole sounds yummy. Wish I had some.
    I can't wait to get my garden out. If it would only stop raining.
    Have a nice meal.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda, what a beautiful presentation of the asparagus - my favorite veggie.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm.....fresh asparagus! :) Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I not only think it's romantic but downright sexy when a man presents you with homegrown veggies! You lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda gotta love a man bearing gifts from the garden! Your asparagus looks yummy! Aunt Bob's casserole recipe sounds delicious as well.Enjoy preparing a special treat for your special man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've enjoyed several messes of asparagus from our own patch. I love to cut it into 2" chunks and stir-fry it with some garlic for a couple minutes, add some shredded Asiago cheese and serve. Or in an omelet with red pepper and onion. Yum!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog because you are a follower in my selling blog. I love your blog and hope you will come and visit me in my other blog..insidenanashead.blogspot.com I am going to have a give away as soon as I reach 100 followers and I think I have 95 now. I am going to put a link to your blog on my sidebar and will now be a follower. I love all your collage and I have a stack of paper that I bought and never used and will be listing it soon. Thanks for sharing and my GM eas also my mentor and I wish she was still here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the recipe - will have to try it - my husband loves asparagus and i'm tired of just roasting it!

    ReplyDelete